BIGGA is eager to host a safe and welcoming BTME for the benefit of its members and the wider turf industry. As such, the association is closely monitoring government updates regarding the ongoing coronavirus health crisis.
COVID-19 safety measures will be implemented during the event and the scope of these will be subject to the government guidelines in place when the show is held.
COVID-19 safety measures
Last updated: Friday 4 March 2022
Attendees are asked to pre-register their attendance
- This will reduce waiting times at the entrance to the exhibition.
- Pre-registration can be completed here.
- Everyone entering the Harrogate Convention Centre for the exhibition or education programme must show evidence of having had at least two vaccinations or be able to show evidence of a negative lateral flow test within the past 48 hours.
- Anyone who has returned a positive test within 90 days but outside the 10-day transmission period will not be required to produce a negative test. However, proof of the positive test within that period will be required.
- Once proof is shown, attendees will receive a coloured wrist band to wear throughout the day.
- Anybody who has tested positive or is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of vaccination or test status will be asked not to attend the show.
Social distancing measures
- Spaced seating will be in place in the Main Auditorium and the Seminar Theatre.
- The amount of seating at catering points will be reduced but more seating areas may be made available around the exhibition.
Increased cleaning regime in toilets
High touch areas will be cleaned more frequently
Throughout Continue to Learn, rooms and seminar spaces will be cleaned down between classes.
- The wearing of face coverings is not required but you may choose to do so, depending upon personal preference.
- Exhibitors will be asked to reduce the number of hand outs that are available. Rather, links and QR codes to online information is encouraged.
- Electronic lead generation will be possible via handheld scanners that can read visitor badges if permission is given and access contact information, reducing the need for business cards etc.
- Additional exhibitor information will be made available in the Exhibitor Directory on the BTME website,
- Free Wifi for all attendees will be available within the Harrogate Convention Centre.
Hand sanitising stations will be available throughout the venue,
COVID-19 risk assessments will be in place.
If you cannot attend due to COVID-19
- BIGGA kindly asks anyone who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or who has returned a positive test to not attend the exhibition or education programme. Refunds may be available for any education bookings that have been made. Please contact the L&D team for more information.