- The water crisis: How will you and your turf survive?
The water crisis: How will you and your turf survive?
Drought, access to water resources and water conservation are all issues being faced across Europe. While constraints on water for irrigation are common in arid regions of southern Europe, recent droughts in the United Kingdom have made turf managers aware of the necessity of water management practices to optimise irrigation and conserve resources. A project between European researchers and industry commenced in 2023 to examine how surfactants may influence irrigation inputs and performance of fairway turfgrass. Scott Nightingale and Nick Gadd will share findings from real-world studies that illustrate how a surfactant can influence soil water content, turf productivity and performance under drought conditions.
- An understanding of Europe’s water crisis
- Learn about BMPs and have a clear vision of their use
- How to optimise irrigation water and conserve resources
- How surfactants can influence soil volumetric water content and relate this to turf performance under drought stress conditions
- Gain an insight into modes of action in the rhizosphere
Business Development Manager TurfCare