- What's in a soil analysis?
What's in a soil analysis?
What’s in a soil analysis?
Time: 9am ‑ 12.30pm
CPD Value: 3 Credits
Cost: Member £65 + VAT | Non Member £130 + VAT
Many golf courses will undertake soil analysis to guide their fertilizer applications, but the interpretation of the results can be confusing. This half day class examines the process of soil sampling and the interpretation of soil analysis results. Actual results will be explained and discussed and the critical information highlighted to provide a guide to getting the most from the process. The class will also provide advice on how to utilise soil results as part of your annual golf course management, with plenty of opportunity for asking questions and developing your knowledge in this area.
- Describe how to take soil samples for best outcomes
- Appraise and contrast results from different laboratories
- List the important features of a soil analysis
- Prioritize the most important results of a soil analysis
- Evaluate the critical data on a soil analysis in terms of turf grass performance
- Process soil results into a workable management plan for turf surfaces
Presented by: Dr Andy Owen, International Technical Manager, and Phil Collinson, North West Key Account and Business Development Manager, ICL
Dr Andy Owen
International Technical Manager ICL Turf & Landscape
Dr Andy Owen is ICL lnternational Technical Manager for its turf and landscape business. Andy is a soil scientist and agronomist with a Ph.D. from the University of Wales in Bangor.
Prior to joining ICL he was a sports turf lecturer at Myerscough College developing and delivering industry-focussed degree level courses to distance learning and in-college students.
North West Key Account and Business Development Manager ICL